We Test & Review Every Model So You Never Have To Buy Bad Again.
Every couple of months, a big box arrives into our London office full to the brim of the latest electric shavers for us to test and review. We put every single one of them through their paces on our lovely faces! From Philips and Braun to Remington and Panasonic. We also review all the latest and best safety razors, beard trimmers and head shavers from Wahl to SkullShaver. This is so we can give you a full overview of the full shaver market, so you never buy bad again.
All our Shaver Reviews are completely unbiased and impartial so you can be sure to buy the best electric shaver for your skin.
The Best Electric Shavers For Men in 2017
When it comes to electric shavers, finding the best one that suits your skin and facial hair type can be extremely difficult. There can actually be too much choice out there. So much so that when us men are confronted with all the different brands of shavers, we normally go for either…
1. The cheapest one.
2. The shaver that we saw on TV or in a magazine.
3. The one that looks the coolest.
Not really the best set of criteria for choosing a device as important as a shaver. For crying out loud, this is your face, guys!
The True Criteria For Choosing The Best Electric Shaver For You.
So you’re thinking about buying an electric shaver. You have been dropped into a world you know nothing about and need some help, some clarity into making the right decision.
Well here’s some factors that we have considered when constructing this 2016 list of the best electric shavers on the market. We wanted to give a broad view of the types of shavers on the market, so that you can make a well informed decision on the purchase of your next shaver.
– Ease of use
– Easy of cleaning
– Ability to give a close and clean shave
– Value for money
– What skin type is this razor good for
The list below has been carefully put together by us and from actually testing these shavers out on our own faces!
Although this list says 2016, we will be constantly updating it as soon as a better electric shaver is released on to the market.
We think that this is truly the right place to find the best electric razor money can buy. There aren’t many websites that provide the right knowledge and expertise on the electric shaver market. You’ve come to exactly the right place to get all the answers you need.
After going through a lot of research work, we have come up with our list of the ‘Best Shavers’ of 2014 These models are seriously better than the rest out there.
The following electric razors are the best on the market at this moment in time (Feb 2016) and we hope you find this list of the best electric shavers in 2016 useful when it comes to making your choice.
Check These Bad Boys Out! – 10 Of The Best Electric Shavers in 2016
This elegant shaver from Philips comes with three independently flexible heads for superior shaving along contours and curves. The unit is self-cleaning and the included cleaning station doubles as the charger for convenience. A separate precision trimmer is excellent for mustache and sideburn maintenance while the AquaTech system allows for equally comfortable shaves either dry or wet.
- Winner of the Best New Shaver at the 2016 GQ Grooming Awards
- Contour detection software flexes in eight directions for perfect contouring
- Patented SmartClean system automatically charges, lubricates and sterilizes shaver
- Included trimmer attachment perfect for edge work and maintaining mustaches and sideburns
- Can be used to shave either dry or wet
- Special V-Track system lifts and draws flattened hairs into the shaver
- Stylish with a midnight black and metal design
- Cleaning cartridges must be periodically purchased
The Philips Series 9000 is a sophisticated shaver designed to be ultra simple to use. Simply turn it on and set it to either wet or dry shaving and the unit does the rest.
Included patented SmartClean system lubricates, charges and sterilizes the shaver.
Quality of Shave:
One of Philips’ most advanced shavers ever, the contour sensing technology and V-track hair guidance system provides an excellent dry or wet shave.
Includes an option to turbo charge the unit, giving it enough power to perform a full shave. The smart clean system makes it easy to maintain and the cleaning station doubles as a charger.
Overall Verdict of the Philips 9000
It’s easy to see why the Philips 9000 series has been impressing juries as its incorporated V-tech hair guidance technology and eight-directional flexing shaving heads make getting a close shave with one pass easy and comfortable. The included trimmer is perfect for touching up facial hair and the battery can easily power through more than a dozen full shaves.
With a bold silver design and elegant black cleaning station, the Braun Series 3-340s Wet & Dry makes a statement right out of the box. The wide shaving heads uses pulse technology and synchronistic cross-cuts to maintain optimal pressure against the skin while lifting and cutting through hair. The pop-up trimmer easily takes care of edge work. The 2x OptiFoil is Braun’s most advanced foil system to date, allowing men to shave once or twice daily in total comfort.
- Stunning all-metal design
- Compact cleaning station which doubles as charger
- Performs up to 40,000 cross-cuts per minute to maximize shaving efficiency
- HyperLift technology lifts flat hairs into the blade for improved shaving in the neck and chin area
- 2x OptiFoil technology for smooth finishes
- Pop-up trimmer perfect for sideburn and mustache shaping and edging
- MicroMotion technology adjusts pressure to maximum skin contact with shave head
- Cannot perform wet shaves
- Cannot be used when plugged into charger or power cord
User Friendly: There’s nothing to adjust with the Braun Series 9 9090cc as the unit is designed to adjust to hair length and density on the fly, making this a very simple razor to operate.
Cleaning: Safe for full immersion in water, the Braun Series 9 9090cc can also be cleaned with the included cleaning station that doubles as a charger.
Quality of Shave: The OptiFoil technology is perfect for daily shaves and removing fine stubble while the pop-up trimmer makes short work of areas with longer hairs.
Performance: An excellent all-around shaver with enough power to handle occasional shaves while sensitive and responsive enough to be used twice daily for close shaving.
With a fully waterproof design, the Braun Series 9 9090cc is easy to clean under hot water or with the included cleaning station. The included cleaning station sterilizes, lubricates and dries the shaver while simultaneously recharging it. The large shaving head and special foil technology makes the Braun Series 9 9090cc an excellent everyday shaver. Braun’s patented SyncroSonic technology can perform up to 44,000 cross-cuts per minute to easily handle areas with different hair densities and lengths. An outstanding entry in the field of advanced electric daily shavers.
From one of the leading manufacturers of electric shavers, the Braun Braun Series 7 799CC-6WD CC4 features a one-touch dial for different skin settings. The included cleaning station allows for hygienic blade maintenance while doubling as a second method of charging the shaver. Patented Pulsonic technology and Activelift system make getting a close shave with just one pass a simple and easy affair.
- Patented pulsonic technology uses 10,000 micro vibrations to never miss a single hair
- Three personal settings for individual shave styles
- Flexible head allows for better shaves along contours
- Patented Activelift technology lifts flattened hairs to produce a smoother shave
- Manufacturer’s special Optifoil makes for a closer shave
- Can be used for both wet and dry shaves
- Stylish space gray and black design
- Special cleaning solution must be replaced every few months
- Cleaning base is somewhat large for compact bathrooms and countertops
With the touch of a button, you can active one of three personal shaving styles. Battery is long-lasting and can be used corded for immediate use.
Comes with a special alcohol cleaner to sanitize and preserve cutting blades.
Quality of Shave:
The advanced Optifoil and Activelift system picks up even stubborn flat-lying hairs and captures them with ease.
Rugged design and Pulsonic technology does a superb job of never missing a hair while providing a super close shave even with dry skin.
A superior entry in the men’s shaving market as the Braun Series 7 799CC-6WD CC4 features a flexible head, Activelift technology and a precise Optifoil screen to never miss a hair while providing a close shave that doesn’t nick, cut, pull or cause irritation. Cleaning station conveniently doubles as a second way to charge the unit and the shaver can be used with the cord for anytime use. Overall a very close shaver that is designed for longevity and reliability.
One of Panasonic’s most powerful electric shavers, the Arc4 ES-LA93K features two motors to provide up to 56,000 cross-cutting actions per minute distributed across four ultra sharp blades. Special flexing technology means that the Philips Norelco 1250X/42 can easily handle contours and jawlines while the pop-up trimmer makes maintaining mustaches and sideburns easy and efficient.
Pros of the Panasonic Arc4
- Dual motor makes 56,000 cross cuts per minute across four blades
- Comes with cleaning station that doubles as a charger
- Patented Multi-Flex technology provides smooth shaves over contours
- Multi-fit ARC foil picks up hairs without pinching, cutting, or irritation
- Sleek futuristic design in glossy black and blue LCD display
- Cuts with four hypo-allergenic Nanotech blades for maximum precision
- Attached pop-up trimmer for edge work and trimming of mustaches and sideburns
Cons of the Panasonic Arc4
- The large shaver head may be intimidating for some customers
- Cleaning solution must be re-ordered periodically
The advanced LCD display tells you everything you need to know as you pick up this unit and start shaving. Pop-up attached trimmer is perfect for edge work and shaping mustaches and sideburns.
Clean-up is a snap either by rinsing head in hot water using the vibration cleaning mode or by inserting it into the attached cleaning station.
Quality of Shave:
The dual line motor provides up to 56,000 crosscuts per minute, resulting in an ultra close shave in either dry or wet conditions.
One of the most powerful electric shavers on the market, the Panasonic Arc4 Electric Razor ES-LA93K is designed to handle contours, stubborn flat hairs and thick growth with ease.
Overall Verdict of The Panasonic Arc 4
Looking like something out of the future, the satin black finish and glowing LED display give the Panasonic Arc4 Electric Razor ES-LA93K a unique look in any bathroom. Contoured design and ultra-fast linear motor make sure that every hair is cut painlessly without pinching, nicking or irritation. The pop-up trimmer makes cutting sideburns and mustaches simple and easy while the long-lasting battery can power this shaver through multiple shaves without needing to be recharged. Simple to clean with or without the included cleaning station, the Panasonic Arc4 Electric Razor ES-LA93K comes with a sleek travel pouch so that you’ll never have to be without a shave no matter where you go.
4. Philips Norelco 1250X/42 SensoTouch 3D Electric Razor with Jet Clean System
This shaver may come with a long name but it packs a powerful punch in its streamlined all-black body. Two different hair channels make shaving long and short hairs at the same time easy and simple. The included Jet Clean station makes clean-up as easy as docking the unit and walking away. The three circular blades and contouring technology make it easy to get a close shave even along the jaw line. Included lithium-ion battery powers the unit through many shaves and can be fully recharged in about an hour or less.
Pros of the Philips Norelco 1250X/42
- Two different hair channels combine to lift, catch and cut longer hairs and shorter hairs simultaneously
- Included patented Jet Clean system cleans, lubricates and sanitizes the shaver
- Contour sensing technology makes shaving across curves and the jaw lines pain-free and efficient
- Stately tapered all-black design with three circular shaving heads
- Designed to handle short stubble and long hairs with ease
- Can be charged via the cleaning station or separate wall plug
- Lightweight for portability
Cons of the Philips Norelco 1250X/42
- Does not include trimmer option or attachment
- Hefty design may not be comfortable for more petite men
Simple to use right out of the box as the unit charges in an hour or less. There’s no dials or adjustments to be made – simply turn it on and begin shaving.
Included Jet Clean station does a phenomenal job of sterilizing, lubricating and cleaning razor head.
Quality of Shave:
A great shaver for sensitive skin, the three circular shaving heads and combined long/short hair channels make getting a baby smooth shave possible with one pass.
A reliable and efficient shaver designed to provide irritation and pain-free shaves for years.
Overall Verdict of the Philips Norelco 1250X/42
Probably one of the best electric shavers on the market for men with sensitive skin, the Philips Norelco 1250X/42 SensoTouch 3D Electric Razor with Jet Clean System features a unique three-dimensional contouring system perfect for jaw lines and curves. The Jet Clean system makes clean-up a cinch and the cleaning unit doubles as a charger. This sleek black unit from Philips Norelco provides a smooth shave without irritation even for men with very sensitive skin.
This intelligent shaver from Braun automatically adjusts and flexes to contours and hair density, ramping up the power when needed. The Braun Series 7 790 is designed to be easily cleaned under hot running water or with the included cleaning station which doubles as a charging station. Able to be used either in corded or cordless mode, the Braun Series 7 790 is a fantastic dry shaver able to slice through thick beard or effortlessly remove short stubble with equal ease.
Pros of the Braun Series 7 790
- ActiveLift system scoops up flat hairs and lifts them to the cutting blade
- 100% waterproof for easy cleaning with hot water
- Patented 2X OptiFoil technology can remove stubble as short as 0.05 millimeters
- Special Sonic sensor automatically increases power when shaving denser hair
- Comes with a synergized foil and blade system for smooth results
- Includes stylish cleaning station that doubles as charger
- Stylish muted silver and aqua blue design
Cons of the Braun Series 7 790
- Does not included trimmer or trimmer attachment
- Only works with completely dry skin
Simple to use right out of the box and the battery provides up to 50 minutes of shave time.
Can be rinsed out under hot water or docked with the included cleaning station where it will be sterilized, cleaned and dried with the push of a botton.
Quality of Shave:
The ActiveLift trimmer and 2X OptiFoil make shaving stubborn neck hairs easy and simple. Provides a very smooth shave with minimum effort.
Far quieter than many of its similar competitors yet provides a very quick and thorough shave of even thick hair in just minutes.
Overall Verdict of the Braun Series 7 790
This popular electric shaver has a long-lasting battery able to provide up to 50 minutes of shave time with a one-hour charge. The Braun Series 7 790 features a numerical LED with battery and power indicator so you’ll never be caught short during a shave. Can be used cordlessly with the battery or powered directly via the included electric cord. Features three different shaving modes, including a setting for extra sensitive skin. The intelligent Sonic technology automatically adjusts power when encountering dense or thicker hair. Overall a very quiet yet powerfully adaptive electric shaver.
From one of the leaders in shaving technology, the Philips Norelco S9721/87 Shaver 9700 was the winner of the 2015 iF Design Award. Sleek and elegant, the shaver fits comfortably in the hand. The three circular shaving heads follow contours independently to make shaving the neck and jawline simple and effective. The digital display keeps you updated on battery levels as well as when it is time to replace parts so you’ll never get caught short. The included hard travel case is a step above while the included trimmer makes the Philips Norelco S9721/87 Shaver 9700 a full men’s grooming package.
- 3 shaving heads independently move in eight different directions for better coverage
- White digital display shows battery strength, cleaning status and when it’s time to order a new head
- Three speeds for skin-friendly slow mode, medium for thorough shaves and fast for high-power
- Classic Philips Norelco black and silver syling
- Comes with separate trimmer for mustaches and sideburns
- Included SmartClean Pro system sterilizes, cleans and dries razor while charging it
- Can be powered by the included Lithium Ion battery or power cord
- Despite the efficacy of the included cleaning station, the unit doesn’t come with a separate cleaning brush
- Cleaning station a bit bulky for some compact sinks
Cleaning: Safe to use while showering, the Philips Norelco S9721/87 can be rinsed thoroughly in hot water or by the included cleaning station.
Quality of Shave: With three different power settings, it’s easy to get a rapid but through shave regardless of hair density.
Performance: The built-in motion sensor and independently contouring three shaver heads make this razor a champion at handling the jaw line and other curved areas. There’s plenty of power in the rechargeable battery and three speed settings for blasting through dense areas.
Shipped in frustration-free packaging and packed with features, the Philips Norelco S9721/87 Shaver is an outstanding electric razor. The three circular shaving heads independently float in eight different directions for optimum coverage while the three-speed power settings allow you to blast through dense hair or shave sensitive areas with equal ease. Fully versatile for either wet or dry shaves, the Philips Norelco S9721/87 Shaver 9700 includes a cleaning station that cleans, sterilizes and dries the unit while simultaneously recharging the battery. The included trimmer is perfect for edge work. All in all, a very serious contender for the best electric shaver system on the market today.
Able to handle wet or dry shaves with ease, the Panasonic ES-LV61 is one of its most powerful shavers ever. With a linear motor powering five separately angled blades, the Panasonic ES-LV61 can mow through thick hair with ease while the ABC foil minimizes discomfort for a superior smooth shave. The pop-up trimmer is perfect for edge work. The hypo-allergenic five blades mean maximum efficiency when shaving in the shower or with dry skin.
- Five hypo-allergenic blades for ultra-close shaves
- Sleek midnight metallic blue design
- Up to 70,000 cross-cuts per minute for lightning quick shaves through even dense hair
- Patented Multi-Flex pivoting head for smooth shaves across facial contours and jawline
- Special ABC foil minimizes irritation
- 10-stage LCD display
- Comes with pop-up trimmer for edge work on mustaches and sideburns
- Large shaving head makes it difficult to get into small spaces
- Doesn’t come with cleaning and recharge cradle
The LCD display tells you everything you need to know as you operate this shaver with a touch of a button. Pop-up trimmer is excellent for edge work.
Can be quickly cleaned with hot running water.
Quality of Shave:
With five blades performing up to 70,000 cross cuts per minute, the Panasonic ES-LV61 does an outstanding job with both thick dense hair and close stubble.
A rock solid razor designed for quick, hyper-efficient shaves with no irritation, pinching or nicking. A truly powerful shaver that gets the job done with lightning speed regardless of hair density, facial contouring or varying hair thickness.
For men who want a close, comfortable shave with maximum power, the Panasonic ES-LV61 is the answer to your prayers. With five independently adjusting blades and a linear motor that can ramp up to 77,000 crosscuts per minute, thick and dense hair is no match for the Panasonic ES-LV61. Comes in an elegant metallic midnight blue design that fits comfortably in the hand. The included battery is long-lasting, easily able to power through several shaves between recharging. A very powerful electric shaver for men who need more bang for their buck.
For men with sensitive skin, the Braun Cool-tec comes with a special cooling plate that soothes the skin before and after the blades pass over a given area. The razor is simple to use and with one touch of a button it is ready to automatically adjust to thick dense hairs or fine stubble. The included cleaning station sterilizes, lubricates and cleans the shaver when not in use and doubles as the battery recharger. Three-stage cutting system easily handles facial contours while the SensoBlade technology lifts flat-lying hairs and guides them to the cutting blades.
- Comes with active cooling technology to minimize irritation
- Three-stage cutting system adjusts to facial contours
- SensoBlade system slots hair into the blades to never miss a flat-lying hair
- Included cleaning system lubricates, cleans and sterilizes razor while recharging the battery
- Includes cleaning brush
- Hypo-allergenic blades to minimize razor burn
- Stylish gray and blue design
- No power cord for use when battery is low
- No trimmer attachment or feature
Once the battery is charged, simply active the razor and it does the rest for you.
Includes both a cleaning brush and a self-cleaning charging cradle that makes sterilizing, lubricating and recharging the battery a cinch.
Quality of Shave:
Does an outstanding job of soothing skin before the blades even pass over, a true boon for men with sensitive skin.
An all-around solid shaver with plenty of advanced technology for minimizing irritation and redness while performing a solid shave.
A solid entry from one of the leaders in electric razor technology, the Braun Cool-tec comes with a special cooling plate designed to help reduce skin irritation and razor burn for men with sensitive skin. The Braun Cool-tec fits neatly into its charging cradle which doubles as a cleaning, lubrication and sterilization unit to make sure you get a fresh shave every time. With its simple one-touch activation and self-adapting three-stage cutting system, the Braun Cool-tec does an excellent job of handling differing hair lengths and density with ease.
With an ergonomic and stylish black and navy design, the Braun Series 3-340s Wet & Dry is solidly positioned as a great everyday electric razor. The two outer foils float independently to handle longer hairs while the center blade takes care of fine stubble with ease. Versatile enough to perform both wet and dry shaves, the Braun Series 3-340s Wet & Dry has a long-lasting powerful battery capable of about an hour of continual shaving. Compact without being petite, the Braun Series 3-340s Wet & Dry includes a charging stand, cleaning brush and maintenance oil.
- Triple action FreeFloat system excellent at handling contours
- Twin foils work with middle trimmer to shave progressively for ultra closeness
- Can be used for dry or wet shaving
- Stylish black and navy blue design
- Comes with cleaning oil and brush
- Ergonomic no-slip design for comfort during lengthy shaves
- Powerful enough for head shaving yet subtle enough for removing stubble without irritation, pinching or nicking
- Doesn’t come with a cleaning station
- A little louder than rotary shave head designs
User Friendly: The convenient battery light lets you know if you’ve got enough juice for a shave while the one-touch operation of the Braun Series 3-340s handles the rest for you.
Cleaning: Doesn’t include a self-cleaning station but can be easily cleaned with the included cleaning brush and maintenance oil.
Quality of Shave: The twin outer foils handle longer hairs while the middle blade cuts fine for a pain-free progressive shave with no irritation, pulling, or nicking.
Performance: Ruggedly built with a comfort grip design, the Braun Series 3-340s is powerful enough for daily shaves.
It’d be a shame to downgrade this shaver simply because it lacks some of the bells and whistles of more sophisticated models, especially as the Braun Series 3-340s Wet & Dry does such an excellent job of both dry and wet shaving. The two outer foils handle longer hair with ease while the middle blade does the fine work, resulting in a close shave every time. Simple LED battery display is all you need on this workhorse as the Braun Series 3-340s does exactly what it needs to do best: provide an excellent all-over shave.